Press conference: To hold one or not
When to consider organizing a press conference:
- You cannot find any other way to satisfy media interest in case a certain question or fact regarding your company has caused particular media or public attention, or you would like to attract more attention to a particular issue.
- You need to defend your company against misinterpreted facts, explain some operation regarding your company, or as a producer of goods have to recall a certain product line, which turned out to be hazardous due to failure in the production process.
- You wish and hope you can arouse interest for media to attend your organized conference not for entertainment, but for news about your company.
When a press conference is not the right solution:
- You are not sure media will attend it (your news is not unique, the message is not important enough for the general public therefore is not interesting for mass media).
- You plan to distribute dubious information or hide the truth.
There is no one common opinion on whether it is worth calling a press conference just because it could result in better publicity than distribution of a press release. Viewpoints also vary whether it is necessary to have a press conference to disseminate info where reporters will have additional questions that you are prepared to answer. There are always exceptions, however, bear in mind that a weak conference can arouse interest, but one time only…
To find out more about PR service you can either fill out a contact form, call us on +37167222509 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.